Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FPGA Development board selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxxx54

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

Can anyone recommend a nice budget development board (Altera, Xilinx, etc.) with 100+ GPIO on 1.8V. The board itself doesn't need to be really sophisticated, the main aspect is IO voltage level.
It looks like the majority of vendors provide only 2.5 and 3.3 =(.

Thanks in advance.

Hi All,

Can anyone recommend a nice budget development board (Altera, Xilinx, etc.) with 100+ GPIO on 1.8V. The board itself doesn't need to be really sophisticated, the main aspect is IO voltage level.
It looks like the majority of vendors provide only 2.5 and 3.3 =(.

Thanks in advance.

Take a look at the Opal Kelly boards (with Xilinx Spartan-6 FPGAs). Their I/O banks are set to 3.3V by default but can be changed by removing some ferrite beads and applying the appropriate voltage to the VCCO pins. I like the XEM6010 and XEM6310. They may not qualify as "budget" in your world, though, but they come with very easy to use USB2 and USB3 software, respectively.

Take a look at the Opal Kelly boards (with Xilinx Spartan-6 FPGAs). Their I/O banks are set to 3.3V by default but can be changed by removing some ferrite beads and applying the appropriate voltage to the VCCO pins. I like the XEM6010 and XEM6310. They may not qualify as "budget" in your world, though, but they come with very easy to use USB2 and USB3 software, respectively.

Thank you for reply!
Indeed very nice boards, haven't heard of them before.
Even XEM3005 looks quite suitable. So basically you provide whatever voltage you need to required pins and the output of FPGA would be shifted? (without that ferrite bead of course).
I'll look closer to its specification.
Meanwhile if anyone has more suggestions, please advise =)

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.