Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple Image/Video processing algorithm in FPGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

want2LearnVlsi

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am learning to implement simple image or video processing in Altera Cyclone III FPGA.

In particular, I have a new Altera Cylcone III Embedded Development Kit.

Can anyone please help me if there are any example image/video processing designs targeted for this board or any FPGA?

Thank you.

I don't know if this is for the same hardware you have, but the NEEK (Nios-II Embedded Evaluation Kit) uses the Cyclone III.

Regards

Thanks for the reply ads-ee.

The VIP suite demo is based on the NEEK board which is bit different from Cyc III Emb Dev Kit. I am looking for examples/demos targeted for this board.

You could try retargetting the NEEK example to your board. You'll learn more by the experience, than by finding a pre-made example for your board.

You could try retargetting the NEEK example to your board. You'll learn more by the experience, than by finding a pre-made example for your board.

Thanks, but my problem is that I am a newbie to use FPGA and in particular this board. I want to have a simple design which takes a video input and displays in the on-board LCD. Though I have a knowledge of Verilog HDL, I am finding it bit difficult to get started with this board.

I found a design example "Nios II 3C120 Microprocessor with LCD Controller Data Sheet" in the Altera website and understanding how to use it.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.