Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The difference in analog & digital buffer

Status
Not open for further replies.

smith_kang

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Buffer

hi all
can you ppl tell me the similarity or difference in Analog & Digital Buffer on the basis of their function.i'm confused coz sometims i read buffers can be used for amplification of signal on the other hand some says it can be used to add delays in clocks.
thanks

Re: Buffer

take a look at this..

the digital buffer is used as an amplifier as to give the full current sourcing or sinking at the output.. a digital buffer is simply a set of two inverters.

h**p://www.allaboutcircuits.com/vol_4/chpt_3/3.html

h**p://www.national.com/catalog/AnalogBuffers.html
-- as for these analog buffers..analog buffers can also be used for amplicifcations

with regards,

Digital buffers, like what arunragavan has mentioned, are simply 2 invertors. Besides sourcing more current to provide better signal fanout performance, the invertors introduce a slight delay, and hence also used to solve data races.
Analog buffers are essentially voltage followers. Besides providing more current for driving applications, their high-impedance output provides limited signal isolation.

thanks a lot to clear this concept.it really helped me in understanding Buffer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back