Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FM Modulator/Demodulator Using Verilog on FPGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

shahinjc

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey guys

My project is implementing FM Modulator and Demodulator using Verilog . I don't have any clue how to do that . And i'm in hurry and deadline of project is so close .
Anyone here can help me or has any tips or ideas .
I would appreciate any helps .

NCO fed by a CIC interpolator to bring the input data rate up to match the output rate, seems easy enough to me. Plenty of example verilog kicking around for these parts.

On the demod, a pulse counting discriminator seems like a natural fit for fast digital logic.

Surely the deadline on a big project is usually set at least 6 months out (Usually a year) so you should have time to hit the signal processing and discreet time maths books?

NCO fed by a CIC interpolator to bring the input data rate up to match the output rate, seems easy enough to me. Plenty of example verilog kicking around for these parts.

On the demod, a pulse counting discriminator seems like a natural fit for fast digital logic.

Surely the deadline on a big project is usually set at least 6 months out (Usually a year) so you should have time to hit the signal processing and discreet time maths books?
Thank you for your answer
The deadline is in three day
Can u show me the block diagram or any other example so i cab understand the method you said ?

This (Plus the required test bench) is not writable in 3 days, you might I suppose be able to pull it off if you use a whole load of pre written IP blocks but even then it is going to be marginal.
Any good book on software defined radio will show you the basics, and I think there was an application note from AD back in the day showing a FM Tx built using one of their DDS chips and a DSP, you basically implement that in a gate aray.

Do half of it, specifically the transmitter half, it is simpler, and maybe you will pick up a few marks, and talk to your tutor.

Google: Numerically controlled oscilator, cascaded integrator comb, interpolator.

Who sets a large project like this with a 3 day deadline? That seems harsh.

Regards, Dan.

Hi ,
As Dan rightly mentioned try to design an NCO and use the message signal to modulate the NCO's output.
If u have completed the project by now well and good , else maybe i can help u with it
One word of advice though..why did you wait till the deadline? You could have had a better understanding if you had approached earlier right.

Status
Not open for further replies.