Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[PIC] copy IR transmittion code of remote TV with microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

YIM bunchhat

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello friend,

I have one problem. I want to copy signal code from my remote TV and Air conditioner. But I don't have idea how to copy it by PIC. I have ever saw a way they use soundcard PC and software Gowave to analyse signal from remote but it seem hard and cannot copy fast. Is there any way other to do easy than this way?if have with MCU is really good.

thank

I want to copy signal code from my remote TV and Air conditioner
Could you give some details about the "signal code"..?

I means that example I have one TV remote control and I want to make new remote control with Microcontroller the same as previous remote control. But the problem is I don't know which code have to send to TV IR CODE (ex.10010010). How can I know or copy those code from previous remote control?

The only ways to do it are:
1. to pick up the original remote control codes on an IR receiver and use a logic analyzer to see what they are
2. open the remote control and connect the logic analyzer across the IR LED.

Each manufacturer and each equipment they make uses a different code system so trying to guess it when there are millions of combinations is a waste of time.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back