Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which is the smallest FPGA which can implement 1 gigabit ethernet

Status
Not open for further replies.

mush

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

I am trying to find the smallest FPGA that implements 1 gigabit ethernet. I am planning to use the Marvel 88e1111 which implements 10/100/1000BASE-T. In the Spartan 3e datasheet Xilinx does not refer to the ethernet at all as it does in Spartan 6 datasheet. But here

https://www.xilinx.com/products/design_resources/conn_central/protocols/gigabit_ethernet.htm

Xilinx refers to the FPGAs that support the 1 gigabit core. So, can I use the spartan IIIE XC3S250E-4VQG100C to implement the gigabit ethernet or not?

Thanks.

According to that web page it shows both of these as compatible with the Spartan 3E.

Capture1.PNG
Capture2.PNG

Just open a project with the part you want to use then open the Xilinx core generator and find the Ethernet MAC and see if it's available. Generate the core and try to build it. I know the tri-mode mac used to come with a synthesizable testbench so you could build and test it on a board.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back