Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

hex not working on hardware, while in the simulation, the result is okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

akem90

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi, i have a problem. i have written a simple code in C to make an LED blinking. after compiling, using the MPLAB Hi Tec PIC Compiler, i try the hex file with simulation, the result was okay. but when burn into PIC, it seems like nothing happened.

hi, i have a problem. i have written a simple code in C to make an LED blinking. after compiling, using the MPLAB Hi Tec PIC Compiler, i try the hex file with simulation, the result was okay. but when burn into PIC, it seems like nothing happened.
rather than trying to blink the LED can you write a program to switch it on then change the program to switch it off (it may be worth checking the output voltage with a voltmeter as well) - that will prove you have the IO working or not - then you can worry about getting the blink loop working

what is the processor?

It might be a beginning problem faced due to some code voilations that are not accepted by simulation.
Like if a Port is not declared as whether input or output may work properly on simulation like Proteus but never works actually.
Also Check out Crystal Value should match with value provided while compiling code
Hope This Helps

Might be possible that it is blinking at a very fast rate, which you are unable to see. Try to increase the delay and check again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back