Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCI Express Soft IP Core

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Staniszewski

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'm looking for an open source PCI Express (PCIe) soft IP core that will run on a Lattice ECP3 FPGA. I need to be able to run a PCIe Gen1 x1 endpoint, and if it has a DMA backend or Wishbone interface, that'd be awesome. I've looked on OpenCores and searched on Google, but so far I haven't found a good solution. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good open source core?

I'd be willing to modify the RTL myself if someone has a core that works for Altera or Xilinx too.

Thanks!
Matt

If you've already looked on OpenCores, then the likely hood of finding an open source core somewhere is highly unlikely. I've run into this issue on more than one occasion when looking for other standards based cores.

Regards

PCI Express uses high speed serdes systems which are technology-dependent. For that reason it is often hard-coded in the FPGA fabric.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back