Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make a Not gate using Multiplexer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carrot

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Not Gate

Hi

Is it possible to make a Not gate using 2x1 Multiplexer.
If yes, HOW? if no, Why?

Re: Not Gate

Here's another approach. It's called a Karnaugh Map, although it's not normally used for such an application.

AB / S
xx | 0 1
=====
00 | 0 0
01 | 0 1
11 | 1 1
10 | 1 0

You can easily see that if you use S as an input, and tie AB to 10, you get an invertor. There could be other combinations. It's really up to you to explore.

Not Gate

u can do it but generally it is never used to implement a 'not' gate because 'not' is one of the simplest gates and its not a wise move to use a multiplexer instead of a simple gate

i guess this how its done.. the inputs to the mux is 1 and 0.. selection line is S which is 0 and 1..depenin on the selection line.. if the selection line is 1 -- output is zero.. and if the selection line is 0 the output is 1...

i hope am not confusin u.. and gettin confused myself..

with regards,

ya.u can..but here efficiency would b less interms of gates......

yes u can build... give the input as select signal and for input labelled as 0 give 1 and vice versa... then u will get not gate.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back