Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transconductance Amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

aryajur

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I need to design a Transconductance Amplifier with a Bandwidth of 1GHz in 0.18um or 0.13um CMOS process. Can anybody refer me some nice papers for this to begin with. Any help and suggestions would be appreciated.

I think you could use an inverter based transconductor, or Nauta's transcond. The main reference is the following paper:
"A CMOS Transconductance-C Filter Technique for Very High Frequencies", Bram Nauta, JSSC vol 27, no 2, Feb. 1992 (pp142-153).
It's a bit old, but I've seen the architecture used in recent paper with newer process and it lead to a high BW (over GHz).
By the way, what are the specs (gm, disto, noise...)? Actually I'm interested in the subject and found distortion is a major issue when going down to 0.13 (1.2V). If you have some remark or ideas.
Hope it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.