Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TENMA 72 7730 multimeter: why only continuity function do not work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I bought this Tenma 72 7730 digital multimeter from element14. After sometime its continuity function stopped working, I do not know the reason. I could not figure out what happened. I checked its fuses(2 fuses), replaced batteries but it did not worked.

I complained about this to element14 and requested for replacement but they did not took this issue seriously. I contacted the technical support of mcmelectronics also, they suggested that it might be something wrong inside the multimeter and suggested for replacement.

Over the time when it was kept useless, it regained its continuity function. I could not figure out neither the cause of this problem nor the reason how it regained its ability.
It worked fine for many months but it again lost its continuity function.

Can anyone explain me what went wrong with this multimeter and how to fix this.

PS: I have checked its fuses and batteries again, there is no damage to them. There is no physical damage visible through visible inspection.

usually there is a buzzer in there somewhere - maybe a faulty buzzer

ookey i will check the buzzer but could not understand how it regained its ability.

- - - Updated - - -

This multimeter can be connected to the PC and we can check the measurements and store it. It shows overload in the PC and also in the display of the multimeter. The problem is only in continuity mode, rest all other functions are working fine. This means the problem is in measurement not in the buzzer, in fact when I change the modes by dial it makes the sound.

Please recommend anything else which I should try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back