Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Toshiba Satellite 2420-401

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narciso Peleida

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

My laptop begin to enter BOS as the CMOS battery was descharged after being two weeks inactive. I reset the BIOS time and the laptop worked fine for some days. Now when I power on and enter the sistem (Windows XP Professional) it power off suddenly after more or less 2 minutes.
Is it necessary to replace the CMOS battery? Is there any other issue to fix? If so I shall need the service manual. I would appreciate very much your help.

Peleida

I would certainly try a new battery first. They are usually easy to replace and not very expensive so try it before looking at more expensive solutions. Battery life depends on usage, when on AC power the intenal PSU stops the battery being drained so if you left it unplugged for a while it has likely discharged too much. You should expect a typical life span of ~4 years from a new battery.

Brian.

Now when I power on and enter the sistem (Windows XP Professional) it power off suddenly after more or less 2 minutes.

You are probably aware that is available at TOSHIBA´s website from your country troubleshooting and manuals for their products, but I could not find there the '2420' series you gave above.

series.PNG

Also, at America´s TOSHIBA´s website, trying to search using keyword "2420-401" , no one results returns on query:

"Your entry doesn’t appear to be valid. Please double-check that your product is from the US or Latin America and try again."

You must know exactly from where came that equipment, or even assure if the number above refers to the S/N, or to product model.

Concerning to the failure you described above, once such behavior matches to somewhat similar to what would be expected after hibernate if badly configured, although presumably you are not misunderstanding, I give the hint just to certify.

+++

Hi,
it may be due to processor over heat, first feel the air flow from processor fan and heat emission. may some dust is accumulated over heat sink over a period of time. it is a common problem for old laptops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back