Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the difference bettwen LM324 ,LM339

Status
Not open for further replies.

tocal09

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
lm324 comparator

I want to use LM324 as an comparator . My bro told me should use LM339 but
I don't know the difference among them . The 339 looks similar the 324 (but 339 is open colector ) . I should use 339 in which work and 324 in which work ??

lm324 vs lm339

LM324 has wider bandwidth (1MHz). if u want to use it in an ordinary app, LM339 is quite good choice. sometimes to use faster comparator need more task for stabilization.

application note AN-74 from National Semiconductor can help u about LM339

if u want to use a high speed comp, LB-39 from national semiconductor is useful.

lm324 as comparator

The LM339 is designed specifically as a comparitor. The LM324 is a general purpose opamp which can be used as a comparitor. I would use the LM339 with a pullup resistor. Also if you need a window comparitor you can join the 2 outputs together because they are open collector (ie AND gate).

lm324 lm339

Hello All.
I would propose that you switch to TL074.
It is probably cheaper than LM324 and offers many advantages. Lower offset, output short circuit protection, etc...
I have also successfully used it as comparator and output driver for 50 ohms load (it doesn't give very high output voltage but it is still usefull....).
Greetings
S.

lm339 vs lm324

Generally speakng 339 is not very precise comparator with average response time, so you can easily use 324 instead. The only difference will be that you can connect its output to larger voltages then its supply because of the OC output stage.

On the other hand, you can not replace 324 with 339 in linear applcations because 329 as comparator has only Low or High as the output stages..

Status
Not open for further replies.