Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cs-5400 service manual

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDFixer

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi I'm Jim this is my first post here, and I know it is in bad form to ask for something on your first post. I am a member of several other forums I'm most active on Audiokarma. I work on audio equipment as a hobby. My scope died and I am in dire need a service manual for a Kenwood CS-5400. I saw a post about this manual but it is 2 years old by member nrgeek and the link he posted to the manual is no longer valid. Anybody here help me

Cheers Jim

It will be very difficult to get, so try to fix without the service manual. What is the problem?

Hi I'm Jim this is my first post here, and I know it is in bad form to ask for something on your first post. I am a member of several other forums I'm most active on Audiokarma. I work on audio equipment as a hobby. My scope died and I am in dire need a service manual for a Kenwood CS-5400. I saw a post about this manual but it is 2 years old by member nrgeek and the link he posted to the manual is no longer valid. Anybody here help me

Cheers Jim

- - - Updated - - -

This is the closest I could find. It is cs 4025 and cs 1554

http://www.eserviceinfo.com/equipment_mfg/Kenwood_35.html

Cheers Jim

I seen to be missing the blanking pulse. Intensity is too high and I can see the return trace. I have a manual for the cs-5350.5355 this manual is 90% correct for my unit but the horizontal sweep board is completely different. it started as an intermittent problem and I found several cracked solder joints on the final driver board. I got those repaired and everything seemed OK the the sweep got really bright. I found a defective 140V regulator (output voltage was 170) and replaced that but it did not correct the problem. Continuing troubleshooting I found that I had no blanking pulse, but I am stuck as trying to trace the circuit through the horizontal sweep board is a nightmare without a diagram. Hopefully member nrgeek still has the PDF that he posted 2 years ago.

Cheers Jim
"Mother nature is a hard teacher she gives the test first then the lesson after" (unknown)

Status
Not open for further replies.