Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

discrete-time linear convolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

banh

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i'm supposed to compute linear convolution x[n]*x[n].
based on the definition, it is infinity sum.
so, how should i go about computing this? it seems i should limit to, say 100 values and compute based on those 100 values only?

yes you should make a limit becuse if you need to now the limtin that you are going to the signal and by the way if both the signal are the same so i is like multplayin

hi,
what is the length of signal x(n)? if that is not infinity or if it is zero after some duration you can implement standard convolution.If it is infinity then you can choose some energy measure and cut-off the signal after that point as it would be finite duration u can implement standard convolution.
If the signal is coming continuously
you may wish to partition signal into blocks and use dft and overlap-add and save algorithms for processing.
pimr

If Nx and Ny are the lengths of vectors x and y, their convolution has length Nx+Ny-1. The exact evaluation of each point requires max(Nx,Ny) multiply-and-accumulation operations with standard convolution. (This can be speed up with fast convolution, as stated by pimr).
Regards

Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back