Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

connect capacitive power supply in paralle with a 220V load

Status
Not open for further replies.

yassin.kraouch

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what will be the voltage on the L line, if i connect in parallel a 5V capacitive power supply ?
i am confused because V5V0 should be 5v, and how about L line ? i will connect a 220V load, and i am worried if the L will be also 5V,

many thanks

This NOT the way to do it. The 5V will be sitting at 220V AC and will be lethal. Turn the circuit upside down with the series R and C in the live feed. The neutral will then be the 0V for your 5V, do not connect anything to true earth. If you do, any small voltage on the neutral, from the neutral current flowing ANYWHERE will try to go down your earth connection, so currents in the order of 10s of amps could be expected through this connection.
Frank

yes but nodody knows if he will really connect the L to line and N to neutral,

what will be the voltage on the L line, if i connect in parallel a 5V capacitive power supply ?
Adding the capacitive supply will make no difference to the voltage on the L line.

FWIW, I agree with everything Frank said.

the problem is that i connected a 220V load in parallel and it works well, so the voltage is not %v, right ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back