Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

senior project idea: point to point communication through satellite. where to start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moeido

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear members, i have an idea for a senior project at my university. i need some help on how to start.

My idea is to make a point to point communication between two dishes using satellite.
is it possible?

suppose i want to transmit a signal from my station to another station using satellite. can it be done? if yes then how much does it cost?
do i need to get a permission from nasa to do that? or can i do it for educationa purposes only?

please check the attachment for some info.

thanks.

Untitled.gif

You need a license to use Amateur satellites. A more general answer is you contact a satellite data service provider, there are many dotted around the globe. I doubt NASA is one of them. A good place to look for links is this site: https://www.lyngsat.com

That site is specifically fror TV and radio services but if you click the geograhic area in the box near the top of the page it will open into lists of satellites and the services they provide, including links to the operating companies. To establish a link you need to buy 'air time' from the company and they will tell you what frequencies and modulation type you can use. Their individual web sites give far more information.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.