Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is the difference between Hspice and Pspice

Status
Not open for further replies.

ulcer

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what is hspice

I have heared that Hspice is better than Pspice in IC design.

But WHY? And what is the difference between them?
Thanks

difference between pspice and hspice

They are made by different companies. PSpice comes with a schematic capture program and does some things automatically. It is good for casual and new users. HSpice has a wider range of user selectable options but therefore requires more user skill.

Reactions: santom

santom

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
hspice vs pspice

Thank you flatulent.

But the things that l want to konw are the differences between the simulation behaviour of them.

pspice vs hspice

All spice type programs are a direct copy of the spice program developed and maintained by the University of California at Berkeley USA. They differ by the shell wrapped around the core.

pspice hspice

Hspice run a advaced 3D module
Pspice run the old 2D 2D+ module

hspice pspice

How abt BSPICE.! thats berkely spice rite..

does the free spice program differ from the other commercially avilable ones..how different is it?

with regards,

difference between hspice and pspice

As I know the most significant difference is the simulator itself. Hspice includes a very fast simulator with excellent performance and accurancy. For instance with PSpice you will not be able to simulate high density circuits (100k transitors and more). PSpice performance is to poor for such application.

free hspice

arunragavan said:
How abt BSPICE.! thats berkely spice rite..

does the free spice program differ from the other commercially avilable ones..how different is it?

with regards,

i never heard of that one. berkeley spice is just spice. and all the lecture pages at berkeley's site i have seen mention about HSPICE.

hspice pspice difference

in my experience, hspice has algorithm with better convergence, and the foundry seems to be more likely to provide hspice model.

pspice hspice difference

I think IC designer must mastering not only HSPICE, PSPICE but also TSPICE.

hspice vs. pspice

From my experience and from what i've read in a book PSpice is more user friendly at least when drawing the schematic but when it comes to simulation (read in a book) HSpice is better because it allows to select more integration algoritms and customise them and uses (a dirty trick if you ask me) a method (one of many) of reaching convergence wich consists of raizing the conductance (1/ohm, lowering ohm) that is connected with each device in the circuit (i hope i understood it right), and a really good advantage of HSpice over PSpice is the much better device models wich lead to less problems with convergence and a more accurate simulation.
In general i would say that HSpice is a lot better than PSpice but is a lot more difficult to master.
this is my personal opinions and i don't know much about it (i only know the things i've read, the experience i've aquiered, and the problems i've encountered and it is not much, other people know A LOT MORE than i do because i'm just starting now)

pspice +hspice

Hspice is better than pspice in simulation, I've experienced the painfull time when pspice did not support the mos models i needed or the models wildspread. but with hspice, all you need is a txt datasheep or library. But compared with pspice's friendly beautiful interface, hspice's is so poor(maybe it is mainly distributed in unix or workstation.) if you need to do ic design, hspice is the best choice after all!

difference between spice and hspice

It is meaningless to argue which simulator is better, both of them are good. The thing is whether you are good in design.

Reactions: santom

santom

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back