Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dot product and cross product

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disha Karnataki

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
the dot product of two vectors is scalar.
cross product of two vectors is vector.
my question is:i know that force is vector so as displacement but the dot product of force & displacement gives scalar i.e is nothing but work done.
i know already that work-done is a scalar quantity but, if i didn't knew that it is a scalar then suppose i go to take a cross product of these two vectors then i will get a vector out of it which is directed perpendicular to the surface of these to vectors acting.what will i name this new vector or rather what is it??
now,if i only have to decide whether the resulting quantity is scalar or vector then what is use of cross or dot product??

Disha Karnataki,

if i only have to decide whether the resulting quantity is scalar or vector then what is use of cross or dot product??

You seem to be asking a question such as, "If I need to decide to travel to my destination by water or land, what good is a car or boat?"

Ratch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back