Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[51] Communication Between Two at89s52 microcontroller using i2c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azzy anxious

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
Every one First of all i wanna thank this forum it is much helpfull for begainers

Sir
I want to communicate two microcontroller (at89s52) through i2c i m totally new in this feild i hav knowlegde about i2c ..

But sir i want help frm u guys how can i communicate them plz help me with a short example.........

There's already on-chip UART in 89s52. You can use it for simplicity. Is there any specific reason for choosing I2C???

The best common technique for implementing SPI or I2C on 8051's is bit banging by using "RLC" in assembly. Refer to this:
https://www.8051projects.net/i2c-twi-tutorial/8051-i2c-implementation.php

no there is no any specific reason but sir i working on a fire alarm project where i hav to communicate them can u plz tell me abt uart pins

can u plz tell me about UART pins in at89s52

Refer to 89s52 datasheet, Pin 3.0 & 3.1 are dedicated UART pins RXD & TXD. RXD receives serial data while TXD transmits. But there are lots of modes for that. You have to configure UART by generating specific baud rate by T2CON register, setting SCON register, reading or writing the transmitting data in SBUF register. Its easy to configure unlike I2C.
There are lot of things to know. Refer to the following.

http://www.atmel.com/Images/doc4316.pdf
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Do some google search first...

Status
Not open for further replies.