Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12000 mAh li-ion rechargeable battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmn.ever

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
battery which tells you when power is running low? (li-ion)

First of all I apologize if this is not the right place to ask this. I have no idea where else to ask this on the internet and get an experienced answer.

I bought one of these to put in one of my devices. **broken link removed**

It works but the problem is it doesn't have any mechanism to tell when the battery is running low. Is there any battery like that on sale in ebay or somewhere else which makes a beeping noise or flashing light or anything to warn of low battery life.
Thanks.

Last edited:

Hi!
I am not an expert, by any means. But I havn't seen that on a battery anywhere, unless you build one.

Looks like you may be on to something. Another project time????

It works but the problem is it doesn't have any mechanism to tell when the battery is running low. Is there any battery like that on sale in ebay or somewhere else which makes a beeping noise or flashing light or anything to warn of low battery life.

There are numerous power/battery management devices available some of which can be utilized for just such a task, if I understand your query correctly.

Typically, they are incorporated into the design powered by the battery or in a battery charger system, rather than the battery itself.

It is common practice to incorporate such charge level indicators into a battery powered design, like a laptop or digital camera for example.

While I have seen a few battery packs which are "smart" or "intelligent," it typically makes more sense to incorporate such "smarts" into the design under power.

After all, are you more likely to glance at the front panel or display of a device or pop the battery cover and look for an LED flashing?

BigDog

There are numerous power/battery management devices available some of which can be utilized for just such a task, if I understand your query correctly.
What will you recommend. I don't know much electronics. Just enough to not hurt myself. The reason I posted in this forum is I don't know where else to go.

Typically, they are incorporated into the design powered by the battery or in a battery charger system, rather than the battery itself.

While I have seen a few battery packs which are "smart" or "intelligent," it typically makes more sense to incorporate such "smarts" into the design under power.
Do you remember theirnames or have any links?

After all, are you more likely to glance at the front panel or display of a device or pop the battery cover and look for an LED flashing?
Sure, that makes sense. The thing is my device, which is a lightning equipment for clubs, doesn't have a LED or anything else other than on-off switch and SD card slot for controlling the light behavior. And devices like that don't have built-in battery usually.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back