Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to simulate UWB antenna with band notch characteristics in HFSS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zinap

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello.
I am new member in this forum.
Please help me.

UWB Range=3 to 17 GHz
Notch at..range=5.1 to 6 GHZ

My questions are....
1.What should be my solution frequency in HFSS?
2.What should be the dimensions of the AIR-BOX? (if (lambda/4) then....lambda of which frequency?)
3.What should be my frequency setup and sweep?

1. I would say pick higher frequency of the UWB range as a adaptive frequency. I would suggest pick 15 GHz.
2. You want to make sure that all the waves get absorbed at the radiation box . If you use regular radiation boundary, use freq at 17 GHz.. FYI, if you are using FEBI boundary you can shrink your box to lambda/10.
3. Discrete sweep will give you most accurate results because it will treat each frequency point as an adaptive frequency. It will take longer time to finish the sweep. If can use fast sweep or interpolating sweep, they are faster than discrete , they will still give you good answer. Read the help menu for exact theoretical explanation ..

Thanks for REPLY DEAR.
If my resonance frequency is 6.8GHz then what should be my solution frequency?
B'coz in some reference papers i have read that SOLUTION FREQUENCY is same as the RESONANCE FREQUENCY.....is it true?

I think that you can find an example to practice operation.Cookbook is the best choice

Solution frquency doesnt have to be resonance frequency. Solution frequency is used to create adaptive mesh. At resonance your design may need more mesh than other freq, and if you choose diff solution frequency you will get diff. answer. Finer mesh would always give you better results but at cost of computational time.

If you are using fast sweep then the solution frequency should be picked closer to the resonance. But if you are using discrete sweep you dont have to choose solution frequency same as resonance. In fast sweep, fields are calculated from the mesh that was created on that single solution frequency. So its safe to pick soln freq as resonance.

I am still very confused about it.
Do you have any idea about simulation of UWB antenna(with band notch) in HFSS?
Please tell me the process..... dear.

do you have QQ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back