Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] how to design an analog mux 2:1

Status
Not open for further replies.

diaz080

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
need to design an analog mux made using transistor to pass 1,-1v with respect to clk in cadence . I used logic gates to make the digital mux which is able to pass 1,0 .
But when it comes to -ve value of i/p it is not working..any idea?

can u please explain ?

- - - Updated - - -

Screenshot.pngwave.png
used simple transmission gate ..but output is not as desired

That is only half a transmission gate - try adding the other half (PMOS).

Keith

In some cases, a single transistor might work, it's a matter of signal and supply voltage ranges. You need complementary transistors in transmission gates to achieve a rail-to-rail signal voltage range.

Referring to the circuit in post #3, the input signal must not swing beyond the MOSFET substrate voltage range.
Basic rules of CMOS design must be observed.

wave (1).pngd.png

see output is touching +1v..but not -1

Yes, problem of substrate voltage, as said. Plot input current to see what happens.

In some cases, a single transistor might work, it's a matter of signal and supply voltage ranges. You need complementary transistors in transmission gates to achieve a rail-to-rail signal voltage range.

Referring to the circuit in post #3, the input signal must not swing beyond the MOSFET substrate voltage range.
Basic rules of CMOS design must be observed.

Sorry, I didn't notice the minus signs in the simulation results. Sometime QVGA screens just aren't big enough!

I sometimes only use one transistor for a transmission gate when I can be certain of the input voltage range.

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.