Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFFS: Create a Slot in a Waveguide WR 90

Status
Not open for further replies.

seralej

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I'm new in HFFS and I have to design a slot in a Waveguide.

I have tryed with "subtract", subtracting 2 polygons (picture Captura.PNG), but I cannot get the correct result. How can I do it?

Thanks in advance.

Sergio

please send your HFSS File and clarify your aim in design ??????????????????:!:

Hi, thanks for answer. I have to create a slot in a rectangular waveguide. In the slot I will put some material to measure. I'm not able to create the hole, and I cannot get the good result using the function "subtract" (the rectangle placed above the waveguide is where I want to create the slot).
My HFFS version is 11.

Regards,

Sergio

Attachments

• Project2.hfssresults.rar
    2.6 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:

i said please hfss file but you send this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
i attach example i hope it helpful

Attachments

• slot.zip
    10 KB · Views: 73
Sorry if a uploaded all the files, but I do not know what was the correct file you ask me. I tryed to study on your example but I still continue without understand how you did the slot. I will attach a photo to explain better what I did and the file of the project. This is only one file, and I have to compress it.

Thanks again for your help

Sergio

Attachments

• WG.png
    WG.png
    251.7 KB · Views: 84
  • Project3.rar
    24.4 KB · Views: 63

for design wave guide at first u should design a box and then u must design a box in side it for define your waveguide thickness and subtract
by copy u can design a similar box as same as second box for your air
then you should define another box for your slot and wave guide must be subtract

I got it. Many, many thanks :)

Attachments

• WG1.png
    WG1.png
    239.3 KB · Views: 92
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back