Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[AVR] How to connect a TFT LCD TOUCH screen display and creating a GUI ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deepesh Khaneja

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello guys
I am a final year engineering student and carrying a project which requires a 7 " tft lcd with touch to be interfaced with uC and creating a GUI on screen . I am not able to initiate as i am in a puzzled situation how to implement the GUI code on uC and i get display on lcd..
Please help me out

Post datasheets of TFT display and Touch Screen and mention driver used in TFT display. If there are some buttons on the display then you have to create arrays representing them. Which Compiler you use? If you use mikroC Compile then it has TFT library but don't know whether it supports your TFT. mikroe also has Visual TFT software to create GUI for TFT. Make sure whether your university allows to use mikroe compilers.

I have purchased a 7 inch tft touch screen lcd module which has a ssd1963 lcd driver (below is the link of its datasheet) and i am planning to use avr atmega 2560 microcontroller for that..But i dont know which software to use for creating GUI (as i m new to it) and implementing that gui code to Microcontroller Pls suggest me something so that i can initiate something
**broken link removed** 1963 LCD DRIVER)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/7-inch-TFT...chpad-PWM-arduino-AVR-STM32-ARM-/200949371228 ( This is the link of the LCD module which i have ordered)

Is your touch screen 4 pin type? I need to know the pinout of your display and touch screen. Does you TFT + Touch panel has 47 pins in total?

Last edited:

By looking at its schematic it has total 40 pins to interface with MCU either in 8080 or 6800 parallel mode. Now cud you pls suggest which software to be used to create GUI and the supported language (the main issue i am facing). If i am able to create a GUI on certain software then what is the procedure to implement on LCD
THANKS

You can use Visual TFT from mikroe to create the GUI.

The TFT has 16 data lines and I see one SPI interface the other the T_CLK and other pins starting with T, I have to check reading the datasheet.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.