Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transparent displays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Last edited:

Can Electroluminescent Displays be interfaced with PIC32?
-- Yes of course, you will need a high voltage interface though.

However, they are not transparent and I doubt they ever will be.

Brian.

How much voltage? I thik it was used in Windows 7 (Glass phone). Did they use voltage multiplier? In the above link the display looks completely transparent.

The display in the photograph is OLED (Organic LED) not standard Electroluminiescent. The voltage needed in an electrouminescent display depends on how bright it has to be but is usually in the region of 100 - 200 V AC. The current is very small so most use self-oscillating single transistor inverters to produce the voltage from a ferrite transformer at around 10KHz frequency. I'm not sure if the Windows phone uses OLED or LCD, it isn't a product I would ever consider buying.

Brian.

OLED, it tells you beneath the picture.

That isn't a working phone, it's just a concept transparent case. The digits 0 and 1 you can see on it are lenticular, they change as the incident light angle changes.

**broken link removed**
Same case but it mentions it will eventually have an OLED display.

Same device again. I can't watch Youtube here because my internet connection is so slow (~60K) but the description matches the earlier ones.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.