Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[51] want to communicate to RS232 with at89c51

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay_3189

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to communicate at89c51 to computer so i am using rs232.
As i am new to this communication please help me that what i have to do for communication and can anyone give simple example program to just send simple message or data from controller to pc.
Also i need one information that if i have to program each for transmit and receive than how i have to dump it into controller. i mean in single hex file or how?

i am using keil ide.
i have joint to male and female's only 3 pin(2nd, 3rd and 5th) of 9 pin RS232 in wire. is that enough connection?

How about MODE that i have to select in programming. i coundn't undertand that what happen with mode selection actually.
i.e. MODE 0, 1, 2, 3

Last edited:

I want to communicate at89c51 to computer so i am using rs232.
As i am new to this communication please help me that what i have to do for communication and can anyone give simple example program to just send simple message or data from controller to pc.
Also i need one information that if i have to program each for transmit and receive than how i have to dump it into controller. i mean in single hex file or how?

i am using keil ide.
i have joint to male and female's only 3 pin(2nd, 3rd and 5th) of 9 pin RS232 in wire. is that enough connection?

Had u gotten a clear idea about UART Protocol?how to configure the protocol?

Status
Not open for further replies.