Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lm 380 audio amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

noo

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi... i am using Lm 380 audio power amplifiers in my project....m considering condenser mic as an input....as my voice is not getting amplified and not hear at the speake r..which cirxuit should i used in order to get the sound at my ouput..the circuit is not detecing the input voice..plzz help me out

The LM380 has quite low gain but I'm suprised you get nothing out of the speaker. It may not be very loud but you should hear something. Please post your schematic.

Brian.

Ya actually m just getting noise at output ....the input from the microphone is not heard at the speaker..

If you are getting noise you have amplification so it should be working.
Check you have the microphone wired the right way around, they are polarized, and make sure you are supplying it with sufficient operating voltage. Typically you need a resistor of 4.7K - 10K from the output pin to a positive supply voltage.

Brian.

can you just give me a preamplifer circuit for condenser microphone
through which i can get the ouput .plzzzzzz

You probably have an electret microphone which is a condenser mic that has the 48V permanently stored in the electret material and it has a Jfet impedance reducer inside that needs about 0.5mA through a resistor at a low voltage.

There are hundreds of preamp circuits for an electret mic in Google.

Noo, please post your schematic. There is no way we can diagnose your problem from your description. As I pointed out earlier and Audioguru has confirmed, it appears you are not connecting the microphone correctly but unless we know how it's wired at the moment we can't tell you where the error is.

Brian.

thkz to both of u i got the output.....thkz a lot.hope you will help me in future

- - - Updated - - -

yaaa it was problem in mic

Status
Not open for further replies.