Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

audio amplifier simulation model

Status
Not open for further replies.

franticEB

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
i want to create a simulation model or a simplified circuit for this audio amplifier

**broken link removed**

The part where I would be most interested in is the dc volume control stage.

Anyone could help me?

I presume there's no model available. What do you want to achieve?

You can make a behavioral model implementing the volume control characteristic specified in the datasheet. But obviously it won't give you more information than you put in before.

I am in difficulties in defining the function for the volume control characteristic... :-(
Could you help me please?

Directly control the gain of the pre amplifier stage from -90db to 40dB with respect to the DC voltages. Low signal drop is the advantage of this technology

DC V.jpg

Without more information, you can hardly model the circuit on a transistor level. A behavioral simulation using a piecewise linear function to reproduce the gain curve and a multiplier block should be feasible.

But what's the objective of your simulation? Obviously you can get out only the information you put in before.

the objective is simply to reproduce how the output varies in function of the Vdc control voltage...once a similiar circuit is created i want to test some tecniques of reduce the gain if it overcomes a predetermined limit... i hope this is clear...

Status
Not open for further replies.