Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to Charge Battery Using H-Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahul_sanghavi

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
irf540 h bridge

Hi

I start my project on UPS & I know about how to charge battery using H-Bridge.

Regards
Rahul

h bridge battery charging

Why do you want to use an H-bridge to charge a battery ? An H-bridge is used when you want to change polarity (eg dc motor).

sg3525 used h bridge

Hi all

Thanks sefton for reply

My project on UPS ok. I use H-Bridge for Inverter part . I also use this part in mains mode for battery charging so i save some component for battery charging.

i.e why i think to use H-Brige as Battery chargeing during mains mode.

But i never use this circuit before that so i need help from u .

Regards
Rahul Sanghavi

h-bridge charge battery

The H bridge is used in the inverter to convert the dc of the battery to ac by changing the polarity continiously. You will need a seperate bridge rectifier and transformer to charge the battery.

sg3525 irf540

i have heard that there is a way to charge batteries using power bridge in main mode.
in this mode bridge has been using like a boost converter.
also i have heard that APC has built a ups which has such a configuration.
unfortunately i don't know circuit diagram.......

Re: how to make a recetifer of a ups using 8051

sir i want to know the use of microcontroller in ups .and how can i built a recetifer of a ups using 8051

khurram1909,

First drive push-pull 2 or 4 power MOSFET (IRF540) with SG3525 (30...50KHz) or with 8051 and pump energy (at 12V or 24V) into primary ferrite transformer. Obtaining in secondary 310V rectified and filtred. Now drive H bridge (4xIRF840) with 8051. Sinus modified (50/60Hz On-Off) or PWM 5...15 step/semi-sinus. Feedback from voltage output inverter can be drive with SG3525(all mode) or with 8051 (in pwm mode).

Control reversible inverter transformer with the same H bridge (used in first part), over rectifier bridge it is impossible. :D (think)

Another "Reversible" :D H bridge is theoreticaly posible, generate "on-off-on" command from 8051 (30...50KHz) in "secondary" stage (parallel with input rectifier bridge) with dead-time control and "time off" feedback voltage and current from storage battery. Don't forget must be modified first part (all diode between D-S from IRF540 is small in rectifiered).

Sorry for my english.

Status
Not open for further replies.