Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help in lfsr project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sasi Cm

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Code:
module lfsr(out,i,clk,data);
output [9:0] out;
output [500:0]data;
input clk;
integer i;
reg [9:0] out=10'b1x11x0x101;
wire linear_feedback1;
wire linear_feedback2;

assign linear_feedback1 =(out[3]^out[2]);
assign linear_feedback2 =(out[5]^out[1]);
always @(posedge clk)
begin
out <= {out[8],out[7],out[6],out[5],linear_feedback1,out[3],out[2],out[1],out[0], out[4]};
end 
always @(posedge clk)
begin
for(i=0;i<=500;i=i+1)
begin
data[i]=out;
end
end
end
endmodule

i need to store the output of the lfsr continuously in a register.
like this.....if the lfsr output is [3:0]m=1011 0111 1110 1101.....
i have to store it continuously in a register like [15:0]n=1011011111101101....
the above coding store the initial value only.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi,

I have many comments on your code:
1) You are using synchronous process without reset: always @(posedge clk), this is not good you should add a reset input to reset flip-flops. --> always@(posedge clk or negedge rst) for example
2) You are using a for loop which is not good also for synthesis (especially for asic design, not all synthesizer can synthesize it), you can replace it with a synchronous counter --> and I think this is why you are storing only the first value
3) I didn't understand this reg [9:0] out=10'b1x11x0x101; --> this is rather a vhdl like code, you should use assign or put into module
4) why 2 processes always @(posedge clk) ?
Finally to answer your question, you have just to add a signal in the synchronous process and use an if branch to capture the LFSR output when needed

Regards

From your code, what is this bit supposed to do?

Code:
always @(posedge clk) begin
    for(i=0;i<=500;i=i+1) begin
        data[i]=out;
    end
end

I can see what it is going to do, but I doubt it is what you intend...

From your code, what is this bit supposed to do?

Code:
always @(posedge clk) begin
    for(i=0;i<=500;i=i+1) begin
        data[i]=out;
    end
end

I can see what it is going to do, but I doubt it is what you intend...

Here i try to store it continuously in a register here. But it not works.

But it not works.

Indeed. May I suggest you grab your favorite verilog book and read what a for loop does? Because I suspect it doesn't do what you think.

sure.And i want your suggestion , about how to do that.which condition can i use instead of for loop.

Actually I was thinking that THAT is what the book is for. But I'll bite for 40%... Can you write a decent functional specification for what you need? That way we don't have to guess or make assumptions regarding your intended requirements. And yes, I have read all the above, so the implication is that what you have written so far is not a clear spec. If you think that is a silly question ... writing clear specifications is a large part of this kind of work.

If you have a decent spec we can give some suggestions.

here i attached my output and my need...

Attachments

• coding.doc
    121.5 KB · Views: 69

A document with copy/paste of stuff you already wrote. Interesting...

sorry...i cant understand what you are saying...
is that possible to do this....?

The .doc attachment is a repetition of old things. If that's all you can provide I'm afraid I can't help, but maybe someone else has some extra free time to flush into communication. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back