Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

keyboard interface to 8086

Status
Not open for further replies.

mro83

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
keyboard interfacing with 8086

hi to all
I want to interface a keyboard (preferrably an AT type) to 8086 or z80 microprocessor. connection is serial and i might use an interface ic such as 8255.
i will be pleased if anyone can help me with his instructions about timing, interface ic, asm program needed &etc.

cheers.

8255 interfacing with 8086

The standard AT keyboard uses a serial protocol. No interface ICs are required other than the standard 8255. www.beyondlogic.org gives a pretty complete description of the protocol and connections.

keyboard interfacing with 8086 mp

Here is another example from Philips. This one is closer to 80-families and also includes all look-up tables. You can easily identify sections of code that will be useless for you (I2C subroutines for example).
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back