Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Soil moisture sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmodi700

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello guys,,
Please help me for my soil moisture measurement sensor...
i want to build it using my old multimeter....(resistivity meter)
but i thing it will not be so accurate...
so help me in this...so that i can make it easily and at low cost..
i have seen some ready made sensor but they are so costly...
so pleas make your post for this...:)
---KEEN BM

Hi,

There are so many 'diy soil moisture meters' out there if you just google.

Its all down to the probes and knowing what values to expect for a set mositure - no reason why you cannot use your meter instead of a micro as many of the diy plans use.

https://gardenbot.org/howTo/soilMoisture/

Hey buddy...you are right....
but you know i have to deal with 6 to 7 moisture sensor...and my other pins of controller is also busy at that time when i am taking input form sensor...
so, you can understand that if i use sensor suggested by you it will not compatible with my system.
so, i am planing to make separate sensor array of 6 to 7 sensor....and want 6 terminal only from sensor..
and this value i can give to ADC...so that i can do my operation..
thank you

Hey buddy...you are right....
but you know i have to deal with 6 to 7 moisture sensor...and my other pins of controller is also busy at that time when i am taking input form sensor...
so, you can understand that if i use sensor suggested by you it will not compatible with my system.
so, i am planing to make separate sensor array of 6 to 7 sensor....and want 6 terminal only from sensor..
and this value i can give to ADC...so that i can do my operation..
thank you

Your Old multimeter is Digi or analog ???

you wanted to measure the soil resistance for what, like You are interested to see the soil resistance values all time or for a project presentation or some kind of automation ? ?

FOR automation...Actually i am trying to make automated water supply system for farms...so i have to check soil moisture in farm..for that i want soil moisture sensor.

Status
Not open for further replies.