Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about radiated power in Ansoft HFSS. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

harizhou

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hfss radiated power

Hi, all

I have a problem in HFSS. I have four ports in one antenna design and each port is excited with 1W. So the incident power is 4W. The accepted power is about 1.37W, but the radiated power is 1.87W, which is bigger than accepted power, making the antenna efficiency bigger than 1. Anyone knows why it could be so. What shall I do? Many thanks!

Hi

isn't your radiation boundary to close to the radiating structrure?
cause sometimes, THat could result in a too big radiated power.

sara

The radiation boundary is lemda/4 away from the antenna. Will the shape affect the result? Or the mesh on the radiation boundary too large, I guess. Thanks!

You can try to seed your radiation boundary surface to λ/6. And also the distance between your radiation boundary is at least λ/4 away from your model.

Best Regards,

"seed your radiation boundary surface to λ/6"
What does that mean?
Thanks!!!

Re: hfss radiated power

Hi, all

I have a problem in HFSS. I have four ports in one antenna design and each port is excited with 1W. So the incident power is 4W. The accepted power is about 1.37W, but the radiated power is 1.87W, which is bigger than accepted power, making the antenna efficiency bigger than 1. Anyone knows why it could be so. What shall I do? Many thanks!

Would you please let me know how can I get accepted power at terminal??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back