Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to define capacitor in HFSS 9.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

aermeydan

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
define capactor

I try to define capacitors for circuit and then tyr to add port this capacitance.
However I define a box and from Lumped element properties I defined capitance for the box. But when I start to simulation give error. I write below:
proje_yap1 (C:/Ansoft/HFSS9/)
HFSSModel1
[info] Simulation completed with execution error on server: Local Machine. (11:04 Ara 28, 2004)
[error] Port refinement, process abc3d : There are no boundaries to define "WavePort1_capacitor" correctly. This may be due to incorrect material definitions for those objects that make up the port surface. Please verify the material assignments and properties. (11:04 Ara 28, 2004) [warning] Warning - Boundary 'LumpRLC1_capacitance', Boundary 'Rad1' : Boundaries overlap. (11:04 Ara 28, 2004)
[warning] Warning - Boundary 'LumpRLC1_resistance', Boundary 'Rad1' : Boundaries overlap. (11:04 Ara 28, 2004)
[warning] Warning - Boundary 'LumpRLC1_resistance', Boundary 'Rad1' : Boundaries overlap. (11:04 Ara 28, 2004)
[warning] Warning - Boundary 'LumpRLC1_capacitance', Boundary 'Rad1' : Boundaries overlap. (11:04 Ara 28, 2004)

I will be greateful, anyone helps me.
Thanks.

define capacitor

Try to use (CPW) waveguide port. Verify parameters of your model.
See the presentation file attached. Its from ansoft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back