Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SimCard Sim900 doesnt work once you take it our

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikr09

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
SimCard Sim900 doesnt work once you take it out

Hello,

Im from Colombia and im having some troubles with the SIM900 Module. I designed a board with a microcontroller and the SIM900 module, all the system works excelent until some days ago when i discovered a problem wich is that:

i insert the MOVISTAR simcard and turn on the board and it registered correctly, then i turn off it and remove the simcard and turn in on the card again wothout the Sim; obviously it doesnt have to register, i try some AT-commands and the module responds normally, theres no problem yet. Now i turn it off, insert again the SimCard and turn it on the board, and i dont know why now the Sim DOESNT REGISTER :sad: ... anymore ! I have to remove it, insert another one, wait until it register and then reinsert the firs one.

These are the messages wich i received from the module:

Code:
Firts time with the Simcard:
Setting...

+CFUN: 1

+CPIN: READY

+CGREG: 0

Call Ready

+CGREG: 1

Without SimCard:
Setting...

RDY

+CPIN: NOT INSERTED

Here is when it doesnt register:
Setting...

+CPIN: READY

Call Ready

I never had made this, so i didnt be attent to this problem, i dont know what to do.

So , please i need your help.
Thanks!

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back