Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Human body capacitance

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyrohaz

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey guys, didn't really know where to put this one!

What i'm wondering is how the humans body capacitance changes in different conditions. In many places, i've seen the human body capacitance quoted at around 100pF when floating, how does this change when a human has say shoes on or is on a highly insulative surface?

How is this capacitance calculated?

Any information on the subject is greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much for the reply, they're brilliant articles!

One thing I am wondering about simulating human body capacitance is whether I can literally connect a capacitor in series with a 1.5k resistor direct to ground, so simulate a human touching that point?

Thats very true! Though I do generally like to simulate a circuit first before sending off to get PCB's made, I could always breadboard it though. I'm still thinking of ways to use capacitive touch though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back