Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sending data from Arduino-SM5100B (cellular) to a computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mach3Maelstrom

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm looking to take hourly temperature sensor readings from an Arduino Uno R3 and send them via GSM cellular with an SM5100B to my Windows 7 computer.

(FYI: The ultimate goal would be for the computer to then take this data and add it to a new line in a spreadsheet, but first things first.)

MY QUESTION: Can you offer either:
  • some resources on projects that have accomplished this OR
  • suggest a way for a computer to parse SMS or similar cellular data

I haven't used cellular with Arduino before, but have been learning through **broken link removed** and **broken link removed**.

The second one is nearly perfect to what I'm trying to accomplish, but it sends SMS to his phone instead of a computer.

I also read this 2-post-long-thread on the same issue, but I don't understand the "solution" of using GPRS commands.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!

for parsing sms data to computer,a suggestion would be to send the sms to a phone which is connected to computer with bluetooth or usb cable.
to achieve that goal you need to write a program for the phone(either java,android...) to send the recieved sms from the special phone number and then send the data to computer and on computer you can right a program (either java ,c,...) to save the recieved data on a speardsheet
i don't know about c, but with java you can wirte data to speardsheet directly.
hopr this helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.