Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Automation of AIR CONDITIONER through sensors

Status
Not open for further replies.
How stupid of me - of course rfid is perfect.

nice one.

please have a look at my circuit diagrams and let me know if they are all right....

Attachments

• Rx Connections.jpg
    Rx Connections.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 103
  • Tx Connections.jpg
    Tx Connections.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 96
  • power supply.jpg
    power supply.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 90
  • LCD Connections.jpg
    LCD Connections.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 98

is line of sight required for rf communication, 20 meters range

is line of sight required for rf communication, 20 meters range

No, you dont need line of sight for RF communication. Often manufacturers of wireless solutions tend to give the theoretical maximum distance followed by the phrase "line of sight".

Circuit will be linked with microcontroller program code.

On circuit for power supply you dont need C2 capacitor, add one after 7805 10uF and 100nF on end (C3 100nF).

Your link dont show documentation and informations about pins. Do you have some documentation for RF modules?

No I do not have any documentation as of now.....

RFID is nice but you need to carry it around 'all' the time. BUT it would facilitate automation in other areas.

IF you only concern is one room, then I would stay with a pressure sensor at the door [under a mat] or light beam sensors and use an up-down counter.............

thanxs!!!

What kind of antenna should I use for my applikcation??

Regards

- - - Updated - - -

Dear Kam
I am using RFId only for transmission of data....for up-down counter I am using IR sensors

If you use RFID you dont need other circuit with counters, maybe just PIR sensor will be good.

Best regards,
Peter

once again you are getting the whole idea wrong....I could hv used PIR sensors but problem with them is that if You are in the room and you do not make any motion then it gets the false message to trigger the ac load off..... I want to implement something in which this problem is eliminated so counter program plays an important role. Isn't it? If you have something else in mind then please let me know... :)

Regards

once again you are getting the whole idea wrong....I could hv used PIR sensors but problem with them is that if You are in the room and you do not make any motion then it gets the false message to trigger the ac load off..... I want to implement something in which this problem is eliminated so counter program plays an important role. Isn't it? If you have something else in mind then please let me know... :)

Regards

No, AC can be On when RFID is detected (in range), and PIR can be used with high histeresis for AC On/Off (if you are in living room or you in other room for long time - sleep).

Various combination can be set with this. You are in range but, AC will be activated only if PIR detected motion (PIR+RFID). When you out or you are in other room, device measure time from last motion and if some defined time pass for example 30min then turn Off AC.

Best regards,
Peter

RFID frequency bands [8][9]
Band Regulations Range Data speed Remarks Approximate tag cost
in volume (2006) US $
120–150 kHz (LF) Unregulated 10 cm Low Animal identification, factory data collection $1
13.56 MHz (HF) ISM band worldwide 10 cm - 1 m Low to moderate Smart cards (MIFARE, ISO/IEC 14443) $0.50
433 MHz (UHF) Short Range Devices 1–100 m Moderate Defence applications, with active tags $5
865-868 MHz (Europe)
902-928 MHz (North America) UHF ISM band 1–12 m Moderate to high EAN, various standards $0.15 (passive tags)
2450-5800 MHz (microwave) ISM band 1–2 m High 802.11 WLAN, Bluetooth standards $25 (active tags)
3.1–10 GHz (microwave) Ultra wide band [B]to 200 M[/B] High requires semi-active or active tags $5 projected

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio-frequency_identification

But this seems to be quite complex....counter circuit seems to be easy to design...isnt it???

Regards
No, AC can be On when RFID is detected (in range), and PIR can be used with high histeresis for AC On/Off (if you are in living room or you in other room for long time - sleep).

Various combination can be set with this. You are in range but, AC will be activated only if PIR detected motion (PIR+RFID). When you out or you are in other room, device measure time from last motion and if some defined time pass for example 30min then turn Off AC.

Best regards,
Peter

Yes Peter, indeed you are right.....

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back