Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What are those PIns for SMT connection ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hervehman

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I have seen recently some connectors used in DOSA POL converter. (from Murata, TDK lambda and others)
DOes anyone know who supplies those connectors ?
DOSA connector.jpg

Attachments

• DOSA connector.jpg
    DOSA connector.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 54

These are simply square copper alloy pins, to be reflow soldered to the main board.

Hi FvM and thx

Yes, it is, or sometimes Brass based as i have just read on the web. i wonder if there is a supplier for those connectors. I mean some way to get already Tapes and Reels of those with some way to use them in automatic placement process.
it is one of the few way to connect pcb on pcb in a surface mount manner. I have seen a castellation way, and bga style connector from autosplice.
Also i wonder if thermal expansion on the daughter card (it is still power conversion) would be dangerous for a surface mount connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back