Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HART DLL testing with HCF test tool for Gap error

Status
Not open for further replies.

prashg

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have written hart application software for HART slave, and it is communicating with HART master properly on 4-20mA loop.
Now i am testing my slave device with HCF test tool. I am facing problem to pass gap error test case. I have taken care of character time requirement i.e not more than 9.17ms. I have checked it on oscilloscope. But still i am getting gap error or communication error hence test case fails.
This HART communication uses FSK technique.
My question is what action should take to avoid gap error ? Or it is acceptable due to carrier detection problem gap error is get sometime?

hi prashg,
this reply is not relevant to your question.

I'm willing to learn about HART protocols and DDL. Do you have notes for that?
Do u write hart application software in Device Description Language?

If you have notes, Please share it. It would be really helpful for me. Please help.
Also i'm working on a project which uses HART.

Thanks in advance :)

Hi hemnath,

you can download it from HCF web site if you are member. Member ship is required for downloading some documents ,

Thanks for your kind reply.

To get membership in HCF, i have to afford more dollars. Even I don't have that much amount to spare.

If you have any materials, Can you please share it. It would be really helpful for me.
To Learn DDL, i have to flight to US. That cost more.

Its ok ..thanks to you showing interest in HART project
Ya you are right.
just search on Google HCF specs 500 and 501 for DDL .

Thanks for the information.
I'll check on google and get back to you soon.
Thank you very much for considering the replies. :)

sorry to post on very old thread.

Can you please send documentation files regarding HART

Last edited by a moderator:

Status
Not open for further replies.