Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digitial Inclinometer Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajbrades

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm new to the forum and am not sure if this is the right place to post.

I'm looking to develop a biofeedback unit with two digital inclinometers. One will measure the pelvic level on a human subject and the other the should level. The purpose is for a NUCCA chiropractor to gain feedback on his body position during an adjustment. It is essential that the shoulder and pelvis are coplanar.
Therefore, what I'm looking for a way to take the readout from each of these inclinometers, in degrees from horizontal, and wirelessly send the signals to a simple interface, LCD or tablet/phone within the visual field of the doctor.

If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated. I would need technical assistance and possibly subcontract for a build.

Thanks,
Ryan

Does this really need to be wireless? There are numerous (I mean LOTS and LOTS) general-purpose boards out there that could be programmed to perform this task, but adding the necessity of transmitters/receivers rather than wires complicates this a bit.

For training without patients it would not be necessary to be wireless. As a first model a wired model would be OK. However, the ultimate goal is to be able to wear the sensors throughout the day with patients and therefore it would need to be wireless.

Just as an example, something like this would work great as a demo. It's got Analog-digital converter, LCD display, etc. About US$99. If you just do an internet search for "development boards" you'll find lots of options like this. Also, FPGA and microprocessor mfrs websites have lots of boards. All you(or someone you contract) would have to do is write some code for the microprocessor, and maybe create a simple interface circuit for your inclinometers, depending on what their output looks like.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back