Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Corrugated Waveguide Feed Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mansour_M

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to design an x-band corrugated waveguide feed at the central frequency of 10 GHz.

If the ridge radius is the same as smooth waveguide radius (2*r1 = 23.83 mm) then based on the balanced condition, the slot radius of aperture (r0) will be:

Sm(x1, x0) = 0

x1 = k*r1, x0 = k*r0

(r1 = internal radius of wavegide
r0 = radius of slot)

[Ref : **broken link removed**

Clarricoats, P.J.B., Saha, P.K., "Propagation and radiation behaviour of corrugated feeds. Part 1: Corrugated-waveguide feed," Electrical Engineers, Proceedings of the Institution of, 1971, 118 , Issue: 9, 1167 - 1176 ]

2*r0 = 41.53 mm.

I assumed 'b' (groove width) and 'c' (groove separation or space harmonic period) to be 3 and 4 mm.

between the smooth waveguide and corrugated one there is 5-steps transition. the first slot depth is half wavelength and changes smoothly to corrugated waveguide.

The problem is that when I simulate the structure with CST software. The TE11 mode is converted to a mode which is not HE11. Indeed, It looks like a EH mode.

I have no idea how I can solve this problem. In most of the literature, they explained the method of design when the aperture is large relative to wavelength. However in my case, the aperture is smaller than the wavelength.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back