Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help for good understanding of analog concepts

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaitu2k

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
basic concept of analog circuit

hi all

i recently started analog design...but i guess i have trouble in understanding the capacitances of cmos and anlaysis of rlc circuits etc...could some one pass me a quick reference of basic circuit analysis concepts such small signal models (gm etc),RLC circuits, opamps or fast foundation reading material required for reading books such as bazad razavi...

cheers

cmos jacob baker online lectures

caould anyone upload the following book
Basic Circuit Analysis 2ND Edition by Schaums series

vlsi geiger allen megaupload

Hi

I really do not know your knowlage extent and - most good books I know of - are paper ones....

Basic undestanding - and always good to have : "The Art Of Electronics" by Horowitz and Hill
In depth operstional amplifiers: "Operaional Amplifiers - Theory and design" by Johan H. Huijsing
"Design with operational amplifiers and analog inegrated circuits" by Sergio Franco
See also the following links for good information:
http://www.circuitsage.com/
http://focus.ti.com/docs/apps/catalog/resources/appnoteabstract.jhtml?abstractName=slod006b

Regards,
Shutter_man

elektrotekno.com jacob baker

It really depends on your previous background and the type of project or level of understanding you are looking for.

If you just need to do some small/simple analog project, then any of the books mentioned previously is fine.

But if you really need indepth knowledge then it will probably take a long time. I guess its like playing tennis. Anyone can play but it takes a lot of practices to play well.

It takes me quite a few years after 4 years of ECE and I am still learning.

bjt focus.ti

Dear chaitu2k

Understanding analog concepts needs time. With a quick reference you only obtain some useful formula but to understand concepts you must put enough time and energy. [/b]

learn analog design site:edaboard.com

h**p://www.aicdesign.org

You can get many idea in Prof. Allen's course. And it takes time to fully understand the concept of circuits.

Good luck!

analog online lectures

Just want to add that analog is not like programming where you only need to understand the logic which is human nature (at least in most human :).

Where in analog, you have to be able to visualize the internal working of the circuits which can be very hard. You almost have to think like a circuit.

jacob baker analog video lectures

In my humble opinion, start with simple circuits (RC, RL, RLC, C-S amplifier etc.), calculate things analytically. Simulate them and try to match how close your closed form solutions are to the real thing. Analog design is an art and amateurs like ourselves learn it as time goes by. Design skill is a function of time, the more time you spend, the better design gets. Thanks.

opamp application circuits understanding quickref

shutter_man said:
Hi

I really do not know your knowlage extent and - most good books I know of - are paper ones....

Basic undestanding - and always good to have : "The Art Of Electronics" by Horowitz and Hill
In depth operstional amplifiers: "Operaional Amplifiers - Theory and design" by Johan H. Huijsing
"Design with operational amplifiers and analog inegrated circuits" by Sergio Franco
See also the following links for good information:
h**p://www.circuitsage.com/
h**p://focus.ti.com/docs/apps/catalog/resources/appnoteabstract.jhtml?abstractName=slod006b

Regards,
Shutter_man

check here for student manual

h**p://

27 lectures and videos from professor jacob baker

chaitu2k said:
hi all

i recently started analog design...but i guess i have trouble in understanding the capacitances of cmos and anlaysis of rlc circuits etc...could some one pass me a quick reference of basic circuit analysis concepts such small signal models (gm etc),RLC circuits, opamps or fast foundation reading material required for reading books such as bazad razavi...

cheers

Add this link to and go to the 'Tutorials' section: **broken link removed**

basics analog ebooks

Design of Analog CMOS Integrated Circuit by behzad razavi

CMOS circuit design , layout, and simulation by jacob Baker
Digital_Integrated_Circuits_A_Design_Perspective__2nd_Ed by rabey
Analysis and Design of Analog Integrated Circuits by Gray & Mayer
micro electronics by sedra & smith
cmos_analog_circuit_design by allen & holberg
vlsi design techniques for analog and digital circuits by geiger
**broken link removed**

jacob baker lectures on analog

CMOS: Circuit Design, Layout, and Simulation, 1st Edition, R. Jacob Baker

analog concept

I think the book by Razavi is good ,design of analog integrated circuit.

books to know concepts for circuits

I THINK 1ST SEDRA AND SMITH IS BEST BOOK..

I wonder why everybody here answers with books like Razavi. This is not a beginner book.
When someone wants to get familiar with analog design, he needs to know about pn junctions,
signal processing basics and basic electronics (E-fields, capacitors, network analysis etc...).

Furthermore, even when the very most of the analog integrated circuits are CMOS,
it might be a good idea to also learn BJT basics and the related circuits (cascode, current mirror etc.)
All this is not covered by one book alone. At least Razavi's book doesn't deal with pn-junction theory
and other things of importance.

Don't get me wrong, Razavi's book is one of the best of his kind, but only covers CMOS, and nor BJT
neither pn-junctions. You cannot fully understand this book without understanding these topics first.

When one is familiar with the very basics I would recommend Gray and Meyer or the Geiger, Strader since
both also cover pn-junction semiconductor theory and BJTs.

Status
Not open for further replies.