Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using GSM and GPRS at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sneprak

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am sending data continuously to a remote server using sim300 gsm/gprs modem connected to Arduino Uno microcontroller.At the same time I want to check if I have received a sms on the sim card.In the setup function I have configured the modem to gprs mode and executing the AT+CIPSEND continuously to send data in the main loop program. In my interrupt routine which will be called every 1 second I want to check for the sms notification using AT+CNMI command.So is it ok to check for sms notifications while the modem is operating in gprs mode or is there a clash of sms and gprs mode because the interrupt modem is running asynchronously along with the main program.

Status
Not open for further replies.