Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

viewing linear FM waveform (sine sweep) in oscilloscope

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdaba

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I am working on a project but I run into a problem: I generated a linear FM waveform in the waveform generator (agilent 33220a) and Im trying to look at it using the oscilloscope (dso-x 3024a). First, it looks like a chirp, but when I press the stop button from the oscilloscope is looks like a constant sinusoid (but I need it to look like a chirp when stopped to collect data!) I read that I need to trigger it, I am not familiar with triggering but I attached the internal trigger from the waveform generator to the external trigger of the oscilloscope and now it looks like just a constant sinusoid!
Any idea what should I do to make it look like a chirp?
thank you so much!

Unsuitable (too slow) frequency ramp or oscilloscope time base too fast? Hard to know without the actual parameters.

Agilent DSOs have a pulse width trigger, so you can trigger at a specific frequency if you want to. Probably not required in the present case, but you can learn something for real difficult measurement problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back