Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

infra red sensors are suitable to replace a relay while switching computer keyboard ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajaram04

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Sir
let me help here for a very simple but importatnt designing
i ve a versatile use of my computer system (its a big chapter no need to discuss that) for which i need the operation of keyboard on a separate pads like structure as i ve to hit all the time which may damage my keyboard after sometime :( but too that hardware cant be design in home , so i am planing to connect parallel switching structure like separated relay microswitch etc with the keyboard's internal diffrent terminals & for now i ve a cheap but proper USB keyboard & few relays & microswitches also ,
but what if i want to replace the relays etc with some digital circuit i am designing using ir photo diode sensors etc ? is it possbile to implant it without any hazard ? is there any danger for mother board of my system or the USB port where i am connecting the keyboard ? please reply

in short is it possbile to switch the keybord internal terminals with ir photodiode directly in place of relay etc ?

as i studied relay will simply make switchings but photo diode generates some potentials which may harm the system further , i am thinking in that way but not sure about it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back