Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Grid Maze solving robot

Status
Not open for further replies.

ankitvirdi4

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Maze Arena.jpg
Hello , I am a beginner (I have just made a basic bot having four motors) at robotics but I am quite good with microcontrollers(Being an Electronics Engineering student).
I am interested making a Grid Solving Robot (Using stepper motors and IR sensors) for a competition which is on Saturday, 16th of this month
The Problem Statement is as follows:

The bot starts on the violet line shown in the figure(attached).
The autonomous bot has to solve the grid by following the white line and avoiding the
nodes.
It must carry one of the white blocks from a location on the grid and place on the green
line shown in the figure.
Then, it must take the queen block (the completely black one) from grid to a position
that will be given during the dry run (using a white indicator line, on any one of the lines
in the brown zone). The indicator line has to be detected in the dry run. It won’t be
present during the main run. Your bot is supposed to feed the position of the indicator
line during the dry run.
After this it must pick up and place the last block on the red line.
Once this is done, the bot, having done its job, must now park itself in suitable position
among the array of parking slots placed at one end of the grid (The blue zone).

Now, I have figured out how to make a basic grid solver wherein the solution of the grid is to be programmed but, for the stated problem my code should have a certain memory.
I need all the help you can give me, please .:oops:
Thanks a lot

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.