Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Timing violation warnings in gate-level simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanul

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I've got an warning message as follows during gate-level simulation with NCVerilog.

Warning! Timing violation
$width( posedge CLK &&& (RSTB == 1'b1):135 PS, : 136 PS, 110 : 110 PS );
File: /usr/eda/synopsys/lib/SAED_EDK90nm/Digital_Standard_Cell_Library/verilog/saed90nm.v, line = 4812
Scope: tb_xxx.abc_reg_0_
Time: 136 P

I'd like to know why this warning happened and also how to solve.

It would be a big help for me if someone recommend me a good reference for solving this problem.

Thank you in advance.

Well, if your STA is clean and you have a netlist simulation error, two solutions, you have some false paths which mask your sta, or the case is not " real" in your simulation.

Hello Hanul,

I also got this type of warning, but I am not getting any simulation mismatch.So in that case, we don't need to worry.
But if you got the simulation mismatch due to this warning and width violation,thn need to create SDF again.

I missed `timescale directive...........

Now it's working.

Thank you for your replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back