Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

terrian classification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Priyesh N

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi frnds,
i am a doing project in neural network.
how could i classify the road and grass in image and depending upon that how could i crete a network.
pls post any sample codes and advices

Your algorithm must examine all possible parameters that could let it distinguish road from grass.

In terms of visual detection, this would include the differences we ourselves detect. Including color, shape, presence of many vertical elements (as grass has)...

There are also things which the human eye cannot see, but instruments can: example, heat signature.

There could also be differences based on size, uniformity of color, distance perspective... However these do not seem as though they are reliable characteristics to let you distinguish between a road and grass.

Seems to me you want to try to bring out the most easily detected difference. Therefore I would command the camera to filter out green. (Or should it filter every color >except< green?). I don't know what image you'll end up with.

You could try to program your neural network to discover the distinguishing characteristics. You would need to program it to examine every possible parameter. This sounds like an enormous task even for an expert programmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.